Top Five Wednesday is another type of post that I’ve seen floating around, and I decided that I should give it a shot and join in on the fun.
Top Five Wednesday was created by Lainey. Every Wednesday there’s a new topic, and you get to list your top 5 books that apply to that topic. For more information, or to join in on the fun, check out the Goodread’s Group.
This week’s topic is books that you want to read before 2019, and it made me anxious because there’s not a lot of reading time left in 2018. I have no idea if I’m going to be able to finish the five books on this list before the year is over, but I hope I’ll find time to squeeze them in.
1) Us Against You by Fredrik Backman: I read Beartown earlier this year, and I loved it. I spent most of the year waiting for Us Against You to come out, but for some reason, I haven’t picked it up yet. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to curl up with it soon because I want to know what happens next.
2) Dear Evan Hansen by Val Emmich: I’ve been obsessed with the Dear Evan Hansen soundtrack this year, and I was thrilled when I found out that they were releasing a book. I pre-ordered the book, and I was planning on reading it right away, but for some reason, I didn’t start it right away. Now it’s been sitting on my shelf taunting me for a month, and I need to read it.
3) What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera: I started reading this book when I got it, but then I had to take a break because I was getting annoyed with the characters. I still hope to finish this book though because I’m a fan of Becky Albertalli and I don’t like leaving books half-finished.
4) The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli: This is another book that I started this year but didn’t finish. In this case, the reason for not finishing it was because I wasn’t in the mood for dragons and adventure at the time, but I plan on finishing it because from what I read, it sounds like an amazing book with a badass heroine.
5) Always and Forever Lara Jean by Jenny Han: I, like many people, read To All The Boys I Loved Before this year in anticipation for the Netflix adaption. I ended up loving it, and I told my boyfriend that we had to go to the bookstore to buy the other books because it was a book emergency. I read P.S. I Still Love You right away, and then I got distracted and didn’t end up reading Always and Forever Lara Jean. I’m hoping to be able to finish this trilogy this year because I loved Lara Jean and I want to know what happens with her and Peter.
Are there any books that you want to read before the end of the year? Let me know in the comments!
I hope you enjoy The Last Namsara, when you get to it! 😀
Thank you! I’m really looking forward to it 😊