Hello everyone and Happy New Year!
Even though I’m against the whole idea of “New Year, New Me!” and resolutions in general, I decided to set a few bookish goals for 2020.
1) Read Every Day: This is one of the goals that I set last year that I completely failed to keep up with. This year, I’m going to try it again, and I’m hoping that maybe if I keep track of the number of pages I read each day, I’ll be more motivated to read a chapter or two each day.
2) Interact More with the Community: I love the bookish community so much, and I want to make more of an effort to interact with it. I love finding new bloggers and bookstagrammers to follow, and I’m looking forward to sharing the love with all of you this year.
3) Read One of the Fantasy Series I Have: As many of you may know, I struggle with fantasy books. I don’t know what it is, but I start them, I enjoy them, and then I put them down partway through and never pick them up again. As a result of this, I have at least a dozen complete series sitting unread on my shelves. This year, I’m going to make it my mission to read at least one of them from start to finish.
4) Blog More Consistently: Lately, I tend to be a bit all over the place with my blogging and bookstagramming. I’ll post daily for a few weeks and then disappear for a month or so. This year, I’m hoping to take the time to preplan and pre-draft my posts, so I can have a few new things posted every week.
5) Listen to More Audiobooks: Last year, I listened to Illuminae and it was an amazing experience. I would go for a walk during my lunch at work and be swept away into another world. This year, I’m going to listen to more audiobooks, and I think I’m going to try to listen to some of those pesky fantasy books that I have such a difficult relationship with.
How about you? What are some of your bookish (or non-bookish) goals for 2020?