Since I’m off work for the foreseeable future, I decided that I would host my first themed readathon! I’ve come up with 15 prompts inspired by songs from musicals to help you tackle your TBR during this time of social distancing.
The readathon will run for one week, starting on Sunday at 12:00 am and ending on Saturday at 11:59 pm. You can pick as many prompts as you want, and you can be creative with your interpretations. There’s no pressure to complete all 15 prompts (I know that I won’t be able to finish all of them), they’re just there to inspire you and to help you pick what to read next.
If you’re interested in joining, I’m running this readathon on Instagram, but I’m also going to be posting about it on here and on Twitter. I would love it if you could join, and I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s TBRs.
Without further ado, here are the prompts!
- Season of Love (Rent) – Book with LGBTQ+ Representation
- Music of the Night (Phantom of the Opera) – Classic Book
- One Day More (Les Misérables) – Book with A Lot of Characters
- Meet the Plastics (Mean Girls) – Book with High School Drama
- Popular (Wicked) – Hyped Up Book
- You Can’t Stop the Beat (Hairspray) – Book with a Character Who Experiences Change
- Mamma Mia (Mamma Mia!) – Book with Family Drama
- You’re the One That I Want (Grease) – Book with Romance
- Into the Unknown (Frozen II) – Book You Don’t Know Much About
- You’ll Be Back (Hamilton) – Sequel
- Be Our Guest (Beauty and the Beast) – Book with a Party/Ball/Celebration
- Prologue (Into the Woods) – Retelling
- A Whole New World (Aladdin) – Fictional World
- Waving Through a Window (Dear Evan Hansen) – Book About Mental Illness
- 21 Guns (American Idiot) – Book with a War
What do you think? Will you be joining in? Let me know in the comments!