Today is Thursday, which means its book tag day! Last week I was tagged by Stephen Writes to complete the Would You Rather Book Tag, and some of these questions were really tough to answer. What makes this tag fun is that I get to make up questions at the end for you to answer, and I’m looking forward to seeing how people answer.
Answer the questions given to you by your nominator
Make up your own questions and tag others
1. Would you rather only read mass-market paperbacks or only read stiff, non-floppy paperbacks?
This question is easy for me because when I think of mass-market paperbacks, I think of those small and fat books, which I find difficult to read without breaking the spine. Given a choice, I would gladly only read stiff, non-floppy paperbacks, especially if it means avoiding those small books.
2. Would you rather have your favourite character be a terrible person in real life or your favourite author be horrible in real life?
This is a tough question because no one likes realizing that someone they admire is an asshole. Given a choice, I think I would rather my favourite character be real and have to deal with them being horrible because at least they would exist in this world.
3. Would you rather meet your favourite booktubers or meet your favourite book blogger?
I would rather meet my favourite book blogger because I don’t have a favourite booktuber. I spend most of my time on bookstagram and book Twitter, and I just haven’t had time to venture into the booktube world.
4. Would you rather have to dog-ear your pages or have to write on them?
I would rather have to dog-ear my pages because I tend to get really distracted by random writing on things. I would also rather have to dog-ear my pages because I could make the folds really small and make them barely noticeable.
5. Would you rather have a damaged book delivered to you every time or the wrong book to be delivered to you every time (the second or third time you may get the right one)?
I think I would rather have the wrong book delivered to me every time, because my physical TBR is out of control, and I seldom read my new books right away. Sending the wrong book back would be a pain, but I would get the right book eventually, so it would be worth it. Also, if it was a true book emergency, I could just go to the store and buy the right book.
6. Would you rather be a librarian or a bookseller?
Both of these jobs would be awesome, but I think I would rather be a bookseller. I don’t know much about either of these careers, but I think there are more politics involved with being a librarian, and I don’t like dealing with politics.
7. Would you rather have your favourite character die in the end or have your favourite character not complete their mission/life goal?
I think I would rather have my favourite character not complete their mission because at least they’d still be alive. I’m also picking this option because if they’re alive, there’s the possibility that along the way, they achieved other things and that they’re still happy.
8. Would you rather live in a library in space or live in a library under the sea?
I don’t like either of these options because they both sound really scary. Space is a vast vacuum of unknown, and under the sea is a vast unknown with terrifying creatures. If I had to choose, I’d go with space, because I can’t swim and to the best of my knowledge, there aren’t any giant squids in space.
9. Would you rather not be able to read any books from your favourite or have them not publish anything again?
I would rather have my favourite author not publish anything again because at least I’d be able to go back and reread my favourites.
10. Would you rather read everything ever published (even the worst books) or read only one book a year?
How am I supposed to answer this question? According to my quick google search, there are approximately 1,000,000 books published each year. To read all of them, you’d have to read 2,740 books a day, or almost two books a minute. In order to read all these books, I’d have to have the ability to stop time, which would be pretty cool, so I guess I’ll go with that option.
1. Would you rather spill coffee/tea on your current read or be forced to read it with greasy fingers?
2. Would you rather only be able to read new releases or only read backlist books?
3. Would you rather crack the spine of a paperback or dog-ear the pages?
4. Would you rather only be allowed to read the first and last book in a trilogy or have to wait three years for the final book to come out?
5. Would you rather only read series or only read standalones?
6. Would you rather your favourite book be turned into a movie or a tv show?
7. Would you rather the adaption of your favourite book be badly cast or leave out your favourite scenes?
8. Would you rather have dinner with your favourite author or your favourite character?
9 Would you rather kill your favourite character or spend the rest of your life with your least favourite villain?
10. Would you rather only read your favourite genre for two years straight or be allowed to read anything but your favourite genre for two years straight?
Sofia at Aelin’s Kingdom
Mah at Happy Reading Co
Emily at The Wicked Pages
Danielle at Starred Pages
Esther at Cozy with Books
Alexx at Angel Wings and Petticoats
Alana at Dream Come Review
Morgane at Book Me Some Time
Caroline at The Worlds of Science Fiction and Fantasy
Gargee at The Various Hues of Blue
Bree at Words About Words
Taryn at Chaos in a Book
Tabitha at Behind the Pages
Isabell at Dreaming With Open Eyes
Sara at The Bibliophagist
Sarah at All The Book Blog Names Are Taken
And anyone else who wants to join in!
These are so fun! I am not so great with thinking up questions so I might have to borrow some of yours. Thanks for the tag!
You’re welcome! I’m looking forward to seeing your answers! 🧡
It looks like we agree on a lot of things here! Great answers.
Thanks! Thank you for tagging me to do it!
[…] Book Tag Thursday! I was tagged in the “Would You Rather” book tag by Ashlee from Books are 42 (thank you!). I figured that work is snail slow so…why not! It’s my […]
[…] everyone!! I am so, so happy Ashlee from Books Are 42 tagged me for a “Would you rather” book tag! Thank you for tagging me […]
As someone who worked in both a bookstore and a library, I preferred the bookstore! Even though you deal with more cranky people. ^-^
Cranky people are the worst, but I hope the joy of working in a bookstore would help make them a bit more tolerable lol
[…] Would You Rather Book Tag […]