Today it Thursday, which makes it the perfect day for a book tag! Today I’m doing the Sunshine Blogger Award, which I was nominated to do by the very lovely Danni at For Books Sake! If you haven’t checked out her blog, you really need to, because she is absolutely amazing!
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What has been your favourite book of 2022 so far?
I have a few favourites this year already, all of which are middle-grade titles, but if I have to pick one favourite, I’m going to go with Winterhouse by Ben Guterson.
2. Which books are you most looking forward to reading this year?
As far as new releases go, I cannot wait to get my hands on Amari and the Great Game by B.B. Alston. I loved Amari and the Night Brothers and I need to know what happens next for Amari. As far as other books go, I’m looking forward to reading the rest of the Winterhouse Trilogy by Ben Guterson and the rest of the Rosewood Chronicles by Glynn.
3. If you could choose 5 famous/infamous people (dead or alive) to question, who would you choose?
I’d like to ask Agatha Christie about how she came up with all of the ideas for her books and I’d ask her about those days she disappeared even though I know she wouldn’t answer me.
I’d like to talk to Dolly Parton about her imagination library and all of the work she’s done getting books into the hands of children.
I’d like to talk to Sir David Attenborough and ask him about some of the best things he’s experienced while travelling the world and seeing the planet.
I’d like to talk to Anthony Bourdain to ask him about his travels around the world, the people he met, and the food that he ate.
I would also like to talk to Jeff Probst because I have so many questions about Survivor.
4. Name a book/series you think deserves more love.
I have two picks for this one. I think the Rosewood Chronicles by Connie Glynn deserves more love. I thought Undercover Princess was fantastic and I can’t believe I hadn’t heard about it before the Ultimate Blog Tour for the first book and the final book was announced. I also think that The Beast and the Bethany series by Jack Meggitt-Phillips deserves more love because it is such an excellent and fun middle-grade series.
5. Hardback, paperback, e-book, or audiobook?
I am team paperback because they’re portable and usually quite easy to hold. After paperbacks, I would choose e-books because I can just throw my kindle in my purse and go.
6. Are there any genres that you’re just not interested in? If yes, which are they, and why?
I don’t have any interest in horror, I don’t do scary things and I really don’t like gore. I’m also generally not interested in a lot of thrillers because I don’t particularly like violence.
7. Do you have any books that you’ve read that were totally out of your comfort zone, but you ended up absolutely loving?
Off the top of my head, no because I tend to stay very firmly in my comfort zone.
8. What are 3 of your posts that you’re particularly proud of? (please include links!)
I am not good at feeling proud of myself. At this moment, I’m proud that I’ve posted every day this year so far, but it’s hard to pick particular posts that I’m proud of.
9. What are your favourite books from your childhood?
hen I was a kid, I was obsessed with Pickle Things by Marc Brown.
10. What got you into reading?
A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket is the series that got me into reading. When I was in grade 6, I was struggling to find books that held my interest, and my teacher recommended The Bad Beginning and the rest is basically history.
11. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
So many things! But I love the community, the people, and discovering new books and authors.
- Do you review books that you DNF?
- Have you met any authors? If yes, tell us about your favourite author meeting experience!
- How do you organize your bookshelves?
- Are you in any book clubs?
- If you could invite any author over for dinner, who would you invite and what would you serve?
- What is the last book that you gave someone as a gift?
- Do you listen to music while reading?
- What book series do you hope to finish reading this year?
- How do you plan your blog posts?
- What’s one book that you wish existed when you were younger?
- Who is your favourite new-to-you author of 2021?
Books For The Love of Words
A Writing Soul’s Story
Gazer Of Books
All Things Gee
The Book Dutchesses
Shelves of Starlight
And On She Reads
Thanks for the tag, Ashlee! I loved your answers. I agree with you on your underrated books answer. The Rosewood Chronicles and the Bethany series are so good!
Thanks for the tag!
[…] The Sunshine Blogger Award […]