Today is Thursday, which means it’s tag day! Today on the blog, I’m doing the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award. Thank you AmandaKay at Your Book Friend for nominating me to do this tag! This tag was created by Rising Star.
- Thank the person who has nominated you and provide a link back to their blog
- Answer their questions
- Nominate other bloggers and ask them 5 new questions
- Notify the nominees through their blog by visiting and commenting on their blog
- List the rules and display the “Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award” logo
- Provide the link of the Award creator of the Ideal Inspiration Blogger award as Rising Star.
1. What genre(s) do you tend to read the least often, and why?
There are some genres that I’m just not a fan of, including horror, dystopian, and thrillers. I avoid horror and thrillers because I don’t handle gore and violence very well. I avoid dystopian stories because the world is a dumpster fire right now and I usually read to escape reality.
2. What is your favourite snack and/or beverage to read with?
Oddly enough, reading snacks and beverages are two of the Top 5 Tuesday themes for May. Earlier this week I wrote about my top 5 reading snacks and next week I’ll be talking about reading beverages. For this question though, my top reading snack is gummy candy and my top reading beverage is tea.
3. Were you always a reader or did you have a “book lover” origin story later in life?
I’ve always liked books and reading, but the A Series of Unfortunate Events series by Lemony Snicket got me hooked on reading when I was in Grade 6. Since then, I’ve had some periods where I didn’t read as much, like later on in high school and parts of university. I think that book blogging definitely added to my love of reading though because it’s helped me discover so many new books and authors.
4. Name a book you associate with a specific reading memory (i.e. I read this book on the top of a mountain, with my best friend, etc).
The first time I read All My Friends are Superheroes by Andrew Kaufman was on a flight from Edmonton to Vancouver. This was fitting because the main character has until his wife’s flight touches down in Vancouver to solve the problem he is facing.
5. What’s the most recent book you reviewed, and how did you like it?
The most recent book I reviewed was Twelfth by Janet Key and I loved it. This middle-grade mystery was a ton of fun and it was full of great characters. If you’re interested, here’s my review of Twelfth.
- Do you like to read outside? Why or why not?
- Are you in any book clubs? If so, tell me about them!
- What’s the last book you read that starts with the letter “T”? Did you enjoy it?
- Do you read multiple books at a time?
- Have you read any new-to-you authors this year? Do you want to read more books by any of them?
Blog – Instagram – Twitter – Goodreads – Pinterest – Ko-Fi
[…] The Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award […]
Thanks so much for participating & answering my questions! Very fun to read your answers. 🙂